The welfare of all the swimmers is paramount to us at Abingdon Dolphins Swim Club and to oversee welfare issues we have a qualified, dedicated Welfare Officer. The Welfare Officer is there for all swimmers under 18 yrs old and makes the needs of these swimmers a priority. If you have a concern about yourself or another swimmer, how you are being treated by others or something that is making you unhappy your Club Welfare Officer is there for you, or if you prefer, your parent or carer to talk to.
Abingdon Dolphins Swim Club Welfare Officer's name is: David Lowe
Alternatively you can contact Swimline confidentially on; 0808 100 4001
Useful websites for parents, children and young people:
1. Swimline - The ASA’s collaboration with NSPCC - Swimline
2. Kidscape - Charity established specifically to prevent bullying and child sexual abuse. Kidscape
3. NSPCC - Help children who’ve been abused, protect children at risk, and find the best ways of preventing child abuse - NSPCC
4. Childline - Help lots of young people with all sorts of things, like bullying, problems at home and keeping children safe in sport - Childline
6. Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) - Founded to work with UK Sports Councils, National Governing Bodies (NGBs), County Sports Partnerships (CSPs) and other organisations to help minimise the risk of child abuse during sporting activities. - CPSU
The person you will talk to will be someone....